Here are some tips to make sure your next PowerPoint is a true success!
- Keep it simple, slides should inform, not distract
- San-serif fonts provide best readability for PowerPoint presentations
- Use keywords instead of sentences and make sure the text reads well from the projector
- Highlight important points with color, images, visuals
- Use pie charts for percentages, vertical bar charts to show quantity, and horizontal bat charts to compare quantities between areas, within the same time frame
- 10 PowerPoint slides - ten points are the most a human mind can comprehend in one meeting.
- 20 minute presentation - twenty minutes in the average attention span of humans when listening to a presentation.
- 30 point font minimum - large font size increases readability and forces you to keep slide test to a minimum.